Monday, August 18, 2014

Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch

Back to work at the office. I'm a PA for a network show so I had the summer off, but now we've started up again! I usually work about 7am to 6pm so I started looking for something to brighten up my face mid-afternoon. I knew I wanted some sort of liquid highlighter, preferably a pen style for easy travel. After looking at a lot of different options - I also wanted it cheap - I settled on the Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Radiant.



The color Radiant is a little bit pinker than the others, which is why I like it so much. 


As a concealer itself, the coverage is lighter than I would like. I have some pretty dark circles so I've been buying more expensive concealers. But as an afternoon pick-me-up, this is perfect.

I've also used it in the mornings if I feel my concealer isn't hiding as much as I want it to. I've been drawing an inverted triangle (pointy side down) across the darkest parts of my dark circles (not all the way up to my lids) then down to blend out and it seems to smooth everything out. I also start to get a little redness showing through on my cheeks midday, and this completely erases it. I can't believe how much more awake this makes me!

I do have a couple suggestions: I had a problem trying to get the product to come out the second or third time I used it. I had to click about half as many times as I did the first time just to get the product to the tip. Since then, I've been storing it lid side down and haven't had another problem. It doesn't leak out into the cap either. I also usually click a couple times, then brush it onto the back of my hand to get rid of any excess and dab it on from there. I used a sponge to blend it out the first few times, but I've started to notice that my fingers work a lot better. I think it needs to be warmed up a little bit.

There isn't much in the tube, and I think it was $7.99, but you don't need very much each time. I actually like this so much, I'm probably going to buy another one so I can keep one at work and one with my makeup at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment