Monday, August 18, 2014

bareMinerals 5 in 1 BB Cream Eyeshadow

I received a sample of the bareMinerals 5 in 1 BB Cream Eyeshadow in my July Ipsy Glam Bag in the shade Divine Wine. I really liked the formula so I went out to buy something that would hopefully be a little more of an everyday color. I bought Blushing Pink.

Sample size (left) vs full size (right)






The sample and the full size came with the same applicator. It's not quite a doe-foot, because it seems to be fluffy on 2 sides and more flat on 2 sides. The application is very easy, but I prefer to use a brush with it. I usually swipe on 2 lines of color on my eyelid, then quickly blend out with a brush. If I want the color a little darker, I'll wait until I've done the other eye, then go back and add one or two more swipes and blend again.

The 5 in 1 is supposed to be: long-wearing color, primer, brightening, smooths line, and protects with SPF 15. I can attest to the fact that this will not come off. It doesn't ever crease on me, and lasts all day! Even when I swatched it on my hand, it wouldn't budge after it dried. I really like that this has an SPF of 15 too. So few eye products have SPF, even though it's one of the most sensitive areas of the face, and somewhere where you probably never put sunscreen.

I'm a little disappointed in the color - I was hoping the pink would be more pink, but on my skin it just sort of blends in. I hope bareMinerals will come out with some bolder colors soon because I don't just use this as a primer, but an actual colored shadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment