Monday, August 25, 2014

Beauty Blender Micro Minis!

These little cuties caught my eye when I was browsing the Sephora app on my phone and I saw the "What's New" section. I knew I was going there that weekend so I had to put them on my list.

I bought the original Beauty Blender a few months ago and I absolutely love it. I had bought some dupes, but they were nowhere near as soft and squishy as the real thing. I don't really wear liquid foundation, so I mostly just used it for concealer. So when I saw these little blenders, I knew I had to try them!

I should mention, that when I went into my Sephora, I had to ask someone about them because they weren't with the Beauty Blender display. I had another question about becoming a VIB (Very Important Beauty Insider... meaning, I've spent way too much money at Sephora this year :P) that trip and a promo that I had seen online. She told me the promo was over, then I asked about these. She said that they weren't actually released yet but they did have some in the back and could go get me one. I had seen online that, at first, they were only for VIBs to add to their cart so I'm guessing since I had told her I was becoming one that day, she made a special exception.


Dry vs Wet size

Wet Micro Mini vs Wet Original BB


Each container comes with two Micro Minis and they are held in place with a piece of plastic shaped like a Z in the round container. This little piece of plastic is great because you can still set the Micro Minis on top to air dry if you choose. They only come in lime green, but they just get covered in makeup anyway, so I don't care about the color. I didn't do a comparison between dry Original Beauty Blender and dry Micro Mini because I had just washed my Original before going out shopping so it was still a bit wet. (I also used the card from my Ipsy bag because they was the closest thing I had for them to rest on. I didn't want to put them right on the countertop, so please excuse the weird background.)

The Micro Minis are very small. You can see the size of my fingers holding it, and my ring size is only a size 6, so that should tell you something. I will admit, I dropped it into the sink the first time I used it. After it almost slipped the next day, I started to realize that it was almost like there was a bit of a coating on it? When I got it wet, it seemed to be a little more slippery than my Original. I finished putting on my makeup, then cleaned the Micro Mini with my solid Beauty Cleanser (amazing cleanser for sponges and brushes BTW). The next day when I got it wet again, it didn't seem as slippery and I haven't had a problem since. Some people have said that it removes more makeup while you're smoothing it out than the Original does. I haven't noticed that. They are made from the exact same material so I don't see how that could be an issue.

It's funny, because now I pretty much only use my Micro Minis... and really just one of them so far. I have been using BB creams and tinted moisturizers more, which I use my fingers to apply, so I've been using the Original just to smooth out the edges of my face and around my eyebrows so it doesn't look too streaky. The Micro Minis are perfect for concealer and highlighters. I also think it will be great for traveling - I just have to figure out something smaller to keep it in.


No comments:

Post a Comment