Monday, August 18, 2014

Benefit Posietint and High Beam

Curse you sample section next to the registers at Ulta! This was just sitting there, taunting me. I've actually always wanted to try Benefit's Posietint and HighBeam though. I love my Benetint and was interested in what the creamier formulas would be like.




The top picture is how creamy they are when first applied. The bottom picture is the product smoothed out a bit. The Posietint really does stain if you don't work with it fast enough!

I don't really like the Posietint on my cheeks as much. It just never seems to give me the color I want, always too sheer. I didn't think I would like the pinkiness (is that a word? Is now!) of the color, but after using it, I really do. Once I do find the right amount of color, it looks pretty natural, like a just-got-in-from-10-degree-wind-chill flush (oh believe me... I know what a negative 40 degree wind chill flush looks like too, it's not fun.) On my lips though, is where I love it! It takes a couple layers to get the color I want, but it will stay on there. Very nice pink color that I'm not used to but I like a lot.

I also love the HighBeam! I've been using it every day so far on my cheekbones and under my eyebrows. It just gives a nice glow when you turn your head. Once it's sheered out, it seems to set to a powder finish. I've rubbed my cheek before and my finger comes away a bit sparkly, which I didn't think would happen with a liquid.

If you're curious about either of these products, this is the perfect package for you. The samples sizes have a lot of product in them and one full size bottle of just one of these is $30! Save yourself some money and get these two for $13.

No comments:

Post a Comment