Tuesday, May 6, 2014

StitchFix #2 Review

What is Stitch Fix?

Stitch Fix is a personal styling service. You tell us your style, size, and budget preferences, and we send you a package of stylish goodies to try on at home. Each Fix is unique and hand-picked just for you.

^From the website^

Here's how I explain it to people: You fill out a profile with your sizes and tell them what your style is. Then for $20, a stylist will pick out 5 different items, clothing and accessories, to send to you based on your choices. (You can also tell them if you only want dresses one month because you're going to a wedding, or like I did and told them I didn't want accessories my first time.) You choose when you want it sent to you - I had to wait a month from when I signed up, but that month went fast! And you don't have to get it every month, just whenever you tell them. So you try on your 5 items at home, with your own jewelry and other stuff from your closet, then decide which ones you like. Whatever you don't like, send back in the pre-paid mailer they send in your box. You have 3 days to do this. Whatever you decide to keep, they will then charge your credit card for the amount of the item, BUT that $20 you spent goes toward that cost! Plus, if you like all 5 items, you get 25% off.

This is my second Fix. I requested some summer dresses, a cute clutch, and maybe another cardigan. Apparently they love blue this month. I got all blue dresses. Luckily I like blue, but I thought there would be more options. Here's what I got.


They always include a personalized message about their choices, along with style cards to help you style each piece.



Emperia Kim Two-Tone Wallet with Wristlet: $28
Very cute and functional. But when I asked for a clutch I was looking for more of a purse type... a bag, not a wallet. I don't even use the large wallet I have. I wish I could keep it but for $28...
The Verdict: Sadly, it goes back.

Papermoon Charlotte Airy Knit Drape Front Cardigan: $48
I like the sleeves and the material overall. It's nice and light, but I really don't like drape front things like this. I don't know why... but it makes me feel very maternal for some reason, or something. Even though boyfriend likes it. 
The Verdict: Sending it back.

Kensie Larsa Sleeveless Stripe Fit & Flare Dress: $68
So soft! And very cute. I was a little concerned about the size. They sent me all smalls... and I'm usually more of an extra small in dresses but that's not an option on their profile. (Actually, I think the smallest option is Size 2, only numbers as options.) I thought I wanted it a little tighter, but the more I wore it around the house, I decided it was very comfortable.
The Verdict: Keeping it.

Collective Concepts Galen Racerback Polka Dot Dress: $78
I can't believe this was the most expensive dress they sent me. It's a bag. The waist is adjustable, but that's about the only redeeming quality of this dress. The material feels cheap, and seems like this size small is for someone with a DD top. I understand looser fit clothing, but this is just big in the wrong places.
The Verdict: Gone!

41Hawthorn Harriet Aztec Print Fit and Flare Dress: $64
I don't know where this Aztec print trend came from but I don't really like it. But I do like this dress so I'm torn. There is a zipper in the back so it's more fitted, and it's a little longer than my other dresses. I thought it would be the most expensive choice, being more tailored and dressy, but it's the cheapest option. I really do like it, but I don't think I would wear it very often, as it feels just little bit too dressy. Also, I have to start watching what I spend.
The Verdict: Sadly, sending it back :(


They've already charged my credit card the $20 for the fix when they sent it. I'm keeping the Kensie dress, so it's really only like $48.

No comments:

Post a Comment