Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Beautylish Inglot Eyeshadow Palette

I have so many eyeshadows that I never wear! I've only been wearing about 5 colors lately: Gold, Pink, Purple, Green, and some other sparkle/base like White. I finally looked into making my own palette of just the colors I use. I know you can do this with Mary Kay shadows and I think Urban Decay has something like that. After just googling "custom eyeshadow palette" I found Beautylish! The link took me right to a page that lets you choose how big you want your palette: 2, 4, 5, 10, or 20 spots and what colors you want. There's also an option to view what the colors look like on light or dark skin. After a lot of debating, because the price was a little more than I'd hoped, I finally decided what I wanted. I made an account and immediately got an email saying they were giving me $10 off $50 or more just for signing up! That meant if I chose one more color (a sixth) then I would be paying LESS with taxes, and shipping was free (I forget why). Plus, if I placed my order before 7pm Pacific time, they would be able to ship the order the same day! I got my box 2 days later.

The box came stamped with a personal signature.

All packed in there nicely.

AND it came with a personalized note! How cool is that? It definitely makes me feel comfortable ordering from them again, knowing they put such care into their shipments.

My palette and all the little shadow boxes.

Here's what I chose! All sparkly: White, Beige, Gold, Pink, Purple and Green.

They are all magnetic and came in this plastic packaging.

I thought I could just pull on the corner to peel it off, but the green was being stubborn. The plastic was thicker than I anticipated.

The rest of them had nice corners to peel up.

All four corners of the lid are magnetized so you can slide it up like this, or just slide it up from one side as I sometimes do in the mornings if I knew I want one of the end colors. The lid is also a very durable plexiglass type material.

This picture makes them all look very light but they are buildable and I don't like my eyeshadow to bright anyway. They are perfect for me!

As soon as I knew I loved every color, and cleaned out my makeup bag of all the individual shadows I had in there. I have so much room now! I couldn't believe it. Now I just have this palette, a matchbook-style eyeshadow brush holder, and 2 tiny sets of 4 colors I got from Birchbox: one more oranges and golds, and one more browns. This palette was a little expensive, but being able to clean out my bag and make all that room was totally worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment