Thursday, May 8, 2014

Lancome Concealer/Eye Cream/Brow Gel

I went into Ulta today thinking I was going to buy the CKOne concealer that was recommended to me last week when I picked up the Smashbox Primer Try It Kit. Then a wonderful Lancome representative helped me. She did try other products on me, but turns out the Lancome products seem to work better in comparison. I spent way too much money, but I'm really happy with my products. I also thought I might buy Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel because I like the clear gel I got in my Birchbox, but I hate trying to use a pencil. Again, I liked the Lancome product better.

Here's what I got:

Effacernes Concealer in Light Bisque



It is a Waterproof Protective Undereye Concealer. The website says: "This natural coverage concealer lets you instantly eliminate tell-tale signs of stress and fatigue. Provides complete, natural-looking coverage, evens skin tone, covers dark circles and minimizes fine lines around the eyes for a soft, matte finish."

We tried the CKOne Concealer, It Cosmetics, and Tarte's Concealer and they either didn't cover enough for my dark circles, or they started creasing right away. The Lancome concealer had good coverage and less creasing. It is a little more expensive, but the tube is a really good size and you only need a tiny bit, and it is very good for layering. It brightens as it covers, which is always a plus. The tube has a fine tip for dispensing the product, so it stays very sanitary. I found that I still need a primer under this, so my Smashbox kit will not go to waste :) When I tried it the next day with just my eye cream, the concealer seemed to smear and not cover very well. It also works better (for me) if I squeeze some out on the back of my hand, then dab with my finger and dab off some extra, pat under my eye, then use my beautyblender. Just using my fingers didn't give as nice of a finish. You could also use a brush if you don't want to use your fingers.

Before^
After^
Yes, the lighting seems a little different, but it was mostly the angle of my head. But you can definitely see that the purple under my eye was covered up. I still have some intense shadows but I'm trying to get over that. That's how my face is built, not something makeup can really cover.


Modele Sourcils Brow Gel in Brunet



The website says: "Keep brows perfectly in place with this lightweight gel that brushes on easily for natural-looking definition. The unique formula is made to work alone or over a brow pencil for a flawless, well-groomed look. Perfectly portable for on-the-go touch-ups anytime."

Currently, I'm using Benefit's Gimme Brow. I really like the fiber gel formula and the tiny brush, but it seems to dry out so quickly. I didn't get it that long ago and it's already a little clumpy and is giving me less product. I wanted to find something that would last longer since I really like the effect on my brows, and I hate using a brow pencil. I actually don't really know how to use it, and when I try my brows always end up too dark. Tinted gels are my perfect product, and so much faster.

Without^
With^
The change isn't too drastic, which is what I like about it. I don't wear liquid foundation but always have a powder on. As I put the powder on, it gets into my eyebrows and makes them dull. I never paid attention to that before, but now I notice a huge difference when I wear a tinted brow gel. And it's so quick and easy!


Genifique Yeux Eye Cream




The website says: "Formulated in an elegant gel texture enriched with Genifique technology, Genifique Yeux helps reactivate key signs of youth and fight against visible signs of fatigue. Use daily for a rested, youthful-looking eye contour, as after a good night’s sleep. Results: See visibly younger, brighter eyes in just 7 days. Dark circles, fine lines, eye bags and under-eye circles seem to diminish, and the eye area looks fresh and luminous."

The associate used this on my eyes after wiping off each product. I really liked how the gel texture felt and I don't have a dedicated eye cream. It was way too much money, but you only need a tiny amount every time. Not that I'm against sticking my finger in the pot (like a lot of people, but nothing against them. I just never thought about it that much), but I've started using the little spatula that came with my Erase Paste to scoop some product out. I never used it on my Erase Paste because I just use a brush. I've been using this cream every day and night. I'm excited to see if it really does make a difference in a week.

We also chatted a lot and she gave me some samples:

La Base Pro Primer


I liked how this primer felt when she was using it also, but I didn't see much difference between this and the Smashbox primer. It's great to have the samples (love me some samples!) but one little packet is going to be multiple days of use and I'll have to find somewhere to keep it without getting squished.

Dual Finish Powder Foundation (She used Ecru II 230 on me but only had a sample of Buff II 220)



This will be fun to try, but it is very expensive and I really like my Benefit Hello Flawless foundation right now.

La vie est belle Perfume



This is Lancome's newest fragrance. I've been seeing the commercials a lot now. It smells pretty good, but reminds me more of something my mom would wear, not for someone still in their 20s. I've been trying it off and on but I just bought a full size perfume from Birchbox a few months ago. It was my first "real" perfume purchase in probably 8 years. I've been wearing Bath and Body Works Body Spray, since I never seem to notice the scent after an hour anyway.

The thing I love about buying my products from Ulta is their return policy. If I find after a week, or even a month of using, that the product is just not worth the money I spent, I can return it. They have a 60-day return policy - just save your receipt. I'm also a member of their rewards program and had racked up 100 points so I got $3 off this purchase. I also got double points from these items also, so I have a discount for next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment