Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Mini Ulta Haul

My first reason for going to Ulta again was to redeem my birthday gift. I wasn't getting emails for being a member, but my birthday was a month ago and one of the cashiers told me I could call to get a code. I couldn't miss out on a free full-size mascara! I emailed customer service and got a great reply saying they were sorry the emails weren't coming but here's the code. This year they were giving out CK One Mascara.

"Precision curved brush and patented lycra technology amplifies, shapes, and lifts every lash for maximum volume. Customized lash looks with a unique twist brush applicator. Select definition or volume with a twist of the cap in this all-in-one mascara. Delivers buildable full lashes that remain soft and supple stroke-by-stroke. Ophthalmologist tested. Dermatologist tested. Safe for contact lens wearers."
I love that the box is specifically for birthdays. Super cute!
But I had no idea it was one of the new(er) twist wand mascaras! (I didn't read the description before) That made me really excited!
I'm sorry the second picture is kinda fuzzy, but you can definitely see that the bristles squish together a little bit. I've discovered that it's better to start applying with the brush in it's squished form to coat all the lashes, then unscrew it to comb the lashes apart. I really like this formula. It does get a bit hard, but I'm ok with that. It's a nice dark black, and it doesn't seem to clump at all. The tube is also more of a matte soft material on the black part, which is different. It's originally $18 but if your birthday is still coming up, go sign up (for free) for Ulta's club card to get this for free and 1 point for every dollar you spend. 


I also decided to get the Mally Starlight Eyeliner in Midnight. 
"They glide on easily without a shadow base, yet last all day. These waterproof pencils are able to deliver a crisp line above, below, or inside the lashline for a perfect defined eye that lasts until you take it off."

I got the silver color in my Ipsy Glam Bag a few months ago and I really like how smooth it is. I wanted a new eyeliner that would last all day. Midnight is a very dark black that glides on smoothly. They say if you want to smudge it, to do it within 30 seconds before it sets. It's been great and doesn't move.



I finally decided to get the full-size Benefit Dr. Feelgood Balm.
I got the travel-size from sephora.com and loved it so much I wanted the large size for every day use.
"Mattify shine with our invisible, weightless balm that leaves skin feeling silky-soft. Fabulous for mid-day touch-ups... this makeup artist fave can be worn alone, under or on top of makeup. Contains Vitamins A, C & E to help smooth away the appearance of fine lines. Pat and smooth over makeup with its accompanying sponge. Or, simply wear it alone. Reapply with a sponge for instant mid-day mattification that's better than blotting papers! Works best when pressed onto the skin in a patting motion."

You can read my original review of the travel-size here. Basically, this stuff is magic! If you have super oily skin like I do, please try this! It does work the best for 'blotting' throughout the day but it works as a primer too. It doesn't smooth pores as much as other primers, but your skin will feel soft. It's one of the best oil control products I've ever had. The best way to use it is over makeup, with the sponge. Simply rub the sponge across the product, but don't pick up too much, then pat gently over your makeup where the shine is. Somehow this balm will instantly mattify. You can use your fingers too, but I think part of the magic is the sponge. Yes, the sponge will get dirty. It washes up really well though. It's nice to have multiple sponges if you don't wash your tools every day or every other day. I have lots of little triangles to go with my travel balm, then I just wash a few at a time.


I picked up this Physicians Formula Correcting Powder on a whim. I have a little bit of redness on my cheeks and around my nose, and my under eye area is always very dark. I figured this might help.
The brush is terrible. It's not soft and it's too tiny for the bottom of the container so it moves around awkwardly.
The pan was attached to the container with only this one little strip of "glue". Very cheap.
I took the strip of "glue" that stuck the plastic to the cardboard box and put that inside. It helped a little bit.

"3-in-1 Corrector, Primer, Powder. Versatile powder color corrects the most common skin imperfections, smooths skin texture and evens out skin tone. All colors blend together to create a perfect canvas finish: Pink brightens, Green tones down redness and Yellow adds warmth. High-tech Japanese formula delivers a natural-looking finish that won't cake, crease, or settle into fine lines." 

I think it helps a little bit. It's very light, but my plan was to put this on then put my usual powder over top. I haven't used it very much and I'm actually thinking I might return it since I've since found a better powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment