Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Smashbox Primer Try It Kit!

I have very dark circles under my eyes so I've been using Benefit's Erase Paste concealer. I love the coverage, but it's really bad if you have lines under your eyes like I do. (I'm pretty young but started applying makeup by tugging on my skin around my eyes and don't know any other way. I'm trying to relearn though...) I read some mixed reviews about Smashbox's Hydrating Under Eye Primer but I saw that it came as a trial size in this kit, so I figured why not? It was only $14!



This kit includes:
Photo Finish Lid Primer (0.02 fl. oz.): Locks on shadow and keeps it crease-free for up to 8 hours
I really like this lid primer. I don't usually use an eyeshadow primer, but I can see that this helps make the colors bolder/darker and it really will last all day.

Photo Finish Hydrating Under Eye Primer (0.17 fl. oz.): 10 under-eye benefits, 1 primer breakthrough
I haven't really had luck with this primer. I was hopeful but the reviews were about 50/50 with people loving it and it just not working. Hasn't seemed to work for me. Maybe it's really just the concealer. I am going to keep trying it.

Photo Finish Foundation Primer (0.25 fl. oz.): Creates the perfect canvas for makeup application
Seems to work really well. I don't wear liquid foundation so I don't really need a primer like this. I mostly only use a primer for mattifying under my powder. It was suggested to me to use this under my eyes to fill in the lines though. We'll see how that works.

I love the tiny sizes. They're great because you don't need to use much product anyway. I feel like the eye lid primer and under eye primer will last me a long time. If I really like the foundation primer, I may buy a full size. (BTW: I have tiny hands. My ring size of those index fingers is between a 6 and 7. Just to show you how small the samples are.)



No comments:

Post a Comment