Thursday, April 10, 2014

Benefit's Hello Flawless Review

I don't like wearing any sort of heavy foundation, it just looks fake on my and sits on my face. I do use a powder every day though, since my face gets so oily. I've started to notice that my powder doesn't really do anything for an uneven skin tone. I started to look into Hello Flawless by Benefit. A lot of reviews on makeupally.com raved about it for helping oily skin. I needed to return my Tarte Colored Clay CC Primer to Ulta and I figured, why not get this to try?




Description from Benefit.com:
Now in an improved magnetic-close compact, this famous powder cover-up glides on naturally sheer and layers beautifully for customized coverage. Perfect for any skin type, the silky formula comes with a newly designed brush AND a sponge for any degree of coverage you desire.

Packaging: A box. Thicker than most other compacts, but that's because it comes with a brush and a sponge for application. The pan of color isn't very deep, but you don't need to use much.

Price: Pretty steep. As is the case with most Benefit products. $34. 

How well does it work?
Day 1: No primer or anything. Used the sponge for application, except under eyes where I used the brush-about 8:30am. Check after lunch (maybe 1:30-2pm) and was a little shiny so I used blotting paper. Leaving work at 6:30pm, my face seemed pretty oily. We did have temperatures in the 80s so that's probably part of it. I dusted my Benefit Porefessional Agent Zero Shine over and good as new. 

Day 2: Used Coola's Tinted Matte SPF 30 sunscreen as a kind of primer, since it's matte and feels powdery. Same application as yesterday-about 7am. No blotting or dusting, but it wasn't as warm and I didn't work as late. Noticed the powder gathers between my eyebrows in those creases a little bit and in the low spot between my chin and my lips. Not too bad though.

Day 3: Used Benefit's Porefessional primer that I got a sample of. Review of that later. Used the sponge all over except under eyes and forehead. My bangs cover most of my forehead and that part seems to get the cakiest (not a word, I know...) so I used the brush for that today-about 7am. It's 2:30, so far so good. My face feels a little greasy, but not much. 


For now, I really like this product. That could change. It seems like wearing it with some sort of primer works better, which I think is the point of primer :) I wasn't sure about my color, which is why I didn't order it online. I went to Ulta thinking someone would be able to help me but I went on a Monday night around 8pm and there was all of 3 people working - one of them was a guy, who ended up ringing me up and was no help with the color. But at least I got to test the colors. I thought I was Champagne, but I ended up buying Honey. I think that will be a good choice once I start spending more time outside in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment