Monday, April 14, 2014

April 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag

Each month, subscribers will receive a beautiful Glam Bag with deluxe samples and full-sized beauty products. Members can watch and play along with the stylists with the same products that they are using. All for only $10 a month. 

When you sign up, you take a "beauty quiz" to let them know what you like. I guess Ipsy is kind of a social network-type beauty website, but I don't do all of that. There's also some sort of points system that I haven't quite figured out. You get 10 points for each review, but you usually need 1000 points to get some kind of bonus product, of which they only have 3 to choose from at a time. There are points for referrals too, but I don't badger my friends into signing up. If you would like to sign up, please consider using my referral link: http://www.ipsy.com/r/4q7r

This month's theme: Beauty Rocks


I forgot to get a picture of just the bag by itself. That will be coming soon. The picture on Ipsy's Facebook page made it look really purple, but now that I have it, I've been going back and forth between dark purple/indigo and dark blue/almost black. Either way, it's very soft (unlike some of the past bags I've gotten) and it's slightly taller than the last couple, which I love. This will definitely be coming with me when I go visit my family!


Here's what I got:

Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil (Travel Size): Love this eyeliner. I drew that line, then rubbed it with my finger and it didn't move. Eventually it got a little lighter, but no smudging. I didn't realize I would love waterproof eyeliner so much. (I hate waterproof mascara because it always seems to mess up my contacts.) This "travel size" is the perfect size. It takes me a while to use up eyeliner so this will last a long time. It also has the plastic around the color, instead of wood. I like this new trend. It's so much fun to sharpen! (Yes, you can sharpen it. A lot of people complain that it's just a little nub but really! You CAN sharpen the plastic stuff!)

Sexy Hair Root Pump Volumizing Spray Mousse: I think I used to have a full size of this product. I stopped using it a long time ago, when my hair was longer. I'll try this travel size with my shorter hair now and see how it goes. I used it yesterday and didn't see much of a difference, but I'll keep trying.

dr. brandt Microdermabrasion: This has very tiny beads in it for exfoliating. I actually liked the feeling of it, however others have described it as sandpaper. It's nice for a weekly cleaning. Don't think I need to buy it though.

City Color White Gold Shadow & Highlight Mousse: I was just saying that I needed a basic white shimmery color for everyday wear! The mousse part scares me a little bit, but I'm getting used to it. The swatch on my hand stayed for hours after I forgot about it, but it creases right away on my lids! :( I even used a primer both days I've tried it. Maybe I'll try it without the primer tomorrow. It could be that I've been putting it on and not letting it sit long enough with my lids closed to "set". It is a great color though! And a little goes a long way.

Cailyn Tinted Lip Balm in Apple Pink: The color is a little more orangy than I'm used to. It's also pretty matte and slightly drying. I love the container though! I've been wanting to try one of these Cailyn products for a while just because of the unique packaging. 
**After using this a few times, I've decided I really don't like the formula. If you have dry lips at all, it will show every crack and make it more drying. I still love the container so I'm disappointed that I won't be using this very often, if at all.




No comments:

Post a Comment