Saturday, April 5, 2014

March Birchbox #2 Review

So here's what happened: I got an email on March 6th saying my box had been sent and got the tracking number. March 13th came around and my tracking had only updated once, on the 8th saying it was in Indiana. So I emailed Birchbox asking why it hadn't been updating (I think they're using a new carrier) and their response was "Well, I'll send you a new box" instead of just looking into where my original box may be. Got home that night and my box was in my mailbox! The tracking info did update, but not until it had been delivered. I figured they would've known this and didn't put in for another box to be sent to me. Then a week ago, I went to look at my items in my box on my account and they had changed! Luckily, I had reviewed 4 of the 5 products on the website for the points already. Anyway, I was really confused because this was now March 30th and a replacement box hadn't shown up... They did tell me it may take up to 10 days to get to the west coast and I wouldn't have any tracking info but it had been that many business days. So I emailed them again telling them I was confused. She wrote back saying she did send a replacement and gave me the tracking info. It didn't get sent out until the 28th!
Conclusion: Birchbox Customer Service is great. They wanted to make sure I had a box for the month of March so they requested a replacement be sent out just in case my original was stuck or lost. BUT they didn't send it until March 28th so I actually received the box April 4th. So much for a March box. What if I hadn't gotten the other one? But now I'll get my April box within a couple weeks. She also told me I could still review this box for points since those are the items on my account now. Extra points for me! (Though, part of me feels like I'm taking advantage of the system too much... oh well. Honest mistakes and them being super helpful.)

You can read about all the products in my first March Birchbox here.

Onto my review of my second box:


Gilchrist & Soames London Collection Body Lotion: ($16 for 8oz) Smells really nice. Very smooth. A lot of people complained because there's no applicator top, just a big opening to stick your finger into. I really like it actually. It's a great travel size. 

Obliphica Intensive Hair Serum: ($38 for 2.2oz) I don't know why they keep sending me hair oils. I have super fine, medium thickness hair that's very short and not damaged. It smells really good though. This sample will last a long time, since you only have to use a dime-sized amount. I never really see a difference with hair oils but this didn't seem to weigh my hair down at all, so that's good.

Control Corrective Cucumber Bead Cleanser: ($26.40 for 6.7oz) I really like this but I can't justify spending that amount of money when I already have an exfoliator I like. I liked how fine the beads were. It really felt like it was buffing everything away. The smell was a little weird though. Like it was trying to be cucumber but missed and made it smell almost like a dirty vegetable. It's not entirely unpleasant. Just not as "clean" of a cucumber smell as I expected.

Control Corrective Oil-Free Healing Lotion: ($35 for 2.5oz) I'm really glad they gave me both. A lot of the time they give you one or the other of a set. This lotion felt nice going on, but I didn't feel like it was moisturizing enough after the exfoliating. My face still felt tight after and I thought I put more than enough on. The smell is the same as the cleanser - not quite cucumber, but close. They're not the best smelling products, but not so bad I had to wash it off and put something else over. The smell went away fairly quickly anyway.

Inika Certified Organic Eye Liner in Green Lagoon: ($20) This is full-sized as far as I can tell. It's very light, as you can see by my swatch. It's supposed to be very smooth, but I don't think it's any better than any of my other liners. At first I didn't like how light it is, since I had to go over it about 4 times and at that point, it started to flake off. But later I decided it was nice. I like the look of it, it's pretty shimmery. It seems to be lasting really well. Having the sharpener on the cap is a nice idea... if the cap would stay on. It's too loose and just keeps falling off. I love green eyeliner though. I have green eyes and I love to use green eyeliner to bring them out.

I also got another tube of Air Repair Rescue Balm All-Purpose Skin Salve and Lip Balm. You can read my previous review of it here. I'm glad I got another tube because it's barely filled and I didn't have enough to decide if I really liked it or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment