Sunday, October 26, 2014

Rocky Horror makeup! Face of the Day(Night)

I don't usually do posts like this but I was really proud of my makeup last night when I went to watch the shadow cast of Rocky Horror Picture Show. I've been going to some production of Rocky Horror every Halloween for 12 years now. I've worn a lot of different costumes but I usually opt for some sort of Columbia look. This year I did a little mixing of looks using a lot of my MAC Rocky Horror Collection. Here's what I used: 

Taken outside the theatre with streetlights. You can see the pale foundation here.
Taken in my bedroom with a standard lightbulb. Please forgive the 'not perfect' skin.
I had a couple bad spots but I think the Halloween makeup made them worse.

Hair: drugstore spray in color - Red for Columbia

Foundation: Neutrogena SkinClearing Oil-Free Foundation in Nude mixed with white cream makeup from a Halloween store for a more pale look and applied with my beautyblender. I finished with a dusting of Wet n Wild CoverAll Pressed Powder in Fair.

Eyes: (I used a lot of different things)
-Brows: Lancome Modele Sourcils Brow Groomer in Brunet
-MAC's Greasepaint Stick in B (blue) for a base over the lid
-MAC's Riff Raff Palette from the Rocky Horror Collection. Oh, Rocky! for the inner corners and browbone, then a little Crystal for the inside lid, Graphic Style for the middle of the lid, and Heavy, Black, and Pendulous for the outer corners
-MAC's Greasepaint stick in Black to line the bottom lid and blended it out a little
-Mally Starlight Waterproof eyeliner in Black for my bottom waterline
-Benefit's They're Real Liner for that great wing on the top lid
-My mascara was a combination of ELF mascara on the bottom lashes and Benefit's They're Real Mascara on the top
-Then it was time to play with the MAC Rocky Horror glitter I got. This was called 3D Black and held on with some KY Jelly, of all things :P

Cheeks: MAC Rocky Horror Collection Sculpt and Shape Powder - Bone Beige for the highlight on my cheekbones/under my eyes and Emphasize for a little contour under my cheeks. Then MAC Rocky Horror Collection Blush in Crazed Imagination applied with a heavy hand.

Lips: First I lined them with Sephora Collection's Nano Lip Liner in Real Red. Then used (again) MAC Rocky Horror Collection lipstick in Oblivion. This was the only Amplified (not matte) shade in the collection.

If you have any questions about this look, feel free to ask! This is the most makeup I've worn in a really long time and it's not likely I'll do it again soon - but it was fun to play :)

No comments:

Post a Comment