Sunday, October 26, 2014

Ipsy Glam Bag October 2014

Each month, subscribers will receive a beautiful Glam Bag with deluxe samples and full-sized beauty products. Members can watch and play along with the stylists with the same products that they are using. All for only $10 a month. 

When you sign up, you take a "beauty quiz" to let them know what you like. I guess Ipsy is kind of a social network-type beauty website, but I don't do all of that. There's also some sort of points system that I haven't quite figured out. You get 10 points for each review, but you usually need 1000 points to get some kind of bonus product, of which they only have 3 to choose from at a time. There are points for referrals too, but I don't badger my friends into signing up. If you would like to sign up, please consider using my referral link: http://www.ipsy.com/r/4q7r

This month's theme: Beauty Candy




Epice International Purifying Exfoliant: I actually really like this exfoliant. It has tiny micro beads that feel really nice, not harsh. I feel like it's getting my face really clean. I haven't had any problems with it so far.

ModelCo Volumeyes Extreme Black Mascara: This mascara is just ok. It doesn't seem to volumize any better than any of my other mascara. It does seem to leave lashes soft when the product is on, instead of hard and coated like other mascara.

Figs and Rouge Hand Cream in Rose Berry: It's a hand cream. I'm running out of things to say about lotions. I don't see much difference between them. This does have a nice rosewater scent with a little bit of berry mixed in. It's a good size, small and skinny and perfect for a small purse.

Nicole by OPI Nail Laquer in Feeling Very Cherry: I didn't include a picture of a swatch because I couldn't get a good one right away. This is a great dark fall color, kind of a dark blood red if you can do it right. One coat goes on unevenly, but with two coats, it just looks black and you lose all the red tone. I was finally able to get a semi-even layer with one coat and it's a very pretty color. I wish it didn't need another layer.

Starlooks Lip Gloss in Guilty Pleasure: I didn't think I'd like this lip gloss, considering I've already gotten 2 other nude lip glosses from Ipsy that I hated and I even told them I don't like lip gloss. But I used this one day when I wanted a more subtle lip and it was perfect. It's more pink than the other nudes I've gotten and is still pretty sheer. It's a bit sticky, but I've never found a lip gloss that isn't - even if people claim it's not... that's what a lip gloss is. It's a nice tiny size too, so it can fit in a pocket really easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment