Thursday, March 13, 2014

March 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag Review

I figured I should probably start putting what these monthly subscriptions are all about. Here's what the Ipsy website says:

Each month, subscribers will receive a beautiful Glam Bag with deluxe samples and full-sized beauty products. Members can watch and play along with the stylists with the same products that they are using. All for only $10 a month. 

When you sign up, you take a "beauty quiz" to let them know what you like. I guess Ipsy is kind of a social network-type beauty website, but I don't do all of that. There's also some sort of points system that I haven't quite figured out. You get 10 points for each review, but you usually need 1000 points to get some kind of bonus product, of which they only have 3 to choose from at a time. There are points for referrals too, but I don't badger my friends into signing up. Most are still in that "post-college, I'm broke" phase. If YOU want to sign up through me, here is my referral link: http://www.ipsy.com/r/4q7r



So this month, I got my bag the day after I received my tracking info. I also finally got to be the one to take it out of the mailbox myself! Even though it was dark, I was excited to see it.

 This is my 3rd month and I originally told myself I would give ipsy 3 months to see if it's worth it. Well right now, my opinion is: definitely! Everything was pretty much full-size this month! And I think with my past reviews, ipsy finally has me figured out.

This month's theme was Destination Beauty


The bag is (as you can see on the tag) designed by the artist Klari Reis. I love that it has a front zipper too. I might be able to get away with this as a clutch sometime!


With the light in my kitchen.
With natural light out in my car.
Nicole by OPI Roughles: Love it! Goes on smooth, for having a lot of texture. Dries fairly quickly (quick? quickly?) and it's a great color. The texture is there, but it's not so much that it catches on fabric like some glitter polishes I've had. This stuff lasts too! I usually have problems with nail polish chipping off the next day (darn my soft nails) but this stuff held on for days. After a little bit of chipping, the touch-ups were super easy. Because of the texture, everything blended together and you couldn't even tell I had to apply a new coat in some areas.


bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss: (Rebel) It's a little lighter than I'd hoped. But it smells great and tastes like mint! Makes my lips look very wet but it'd probably work great over a darker lipstick.


Be A Bombshell Bora Bora Eyeshadow Quad: Yay! I love eyeshadows! Especially shimmery ones in great colors for my green eyes. I first tried the orangey-coppery colored one and it goes on really nice. I'm still checking the lasting power.


Nail polish for size comparison.


Pacifica Body Butter: This "sample" is huge! It didn't even come inside my makeup bag, but rather at the bottom of the pink envelope! It has a coconut and vanilla scent and felt really nice on my hands when I first tried it. I was also pleasantly surprised to see that the top was covered with foil so it wouldn't squish and leak all over. I finally tried it after a day at the beach and it was very soft and moisturizing. The smell seems (to me) to have a bit of a plastic-y smell on top of the coconut and vanilla? It's weird but not too overpowering.




No comments:

Post a Comment