Wednesday, February 19, 2014

February 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag Review

I didn't take pictures of the individual products right away when I got my bag because it was Feb. 13 and I got my Valentine's Day present early:
Aww. What a good boy.

But I did take a picture of everything together.

This month was much better than last month. I got a few full-sized products and lots of actual makeup. Here's everything I got:


Pop Beauty Plump Pout Mini: I really like the lipgloss I got from Pop Beauty in my first Birchbox. This is a really intense color, but if you put a few spots of color on your lips and blend, it's much more manageable. The color payoff is great though! It is supposed to plump and stain, and I believe the stain part - which I like. I actually really like the size too. I saw the full size at Ulta and it's way too big. This is perfect for a pocket or purse.


Zoya Nail Polish: I finally tried this nail polish this weekend. I love it! It needed 2 coats but the second goes on perfectly. Because of the 2 coats it did take a little bit longer to dry so I have a couple scuffs. It's very shiny and more of a fall purple than spring I think, but it's been matching everything I wear really well (in fact, I'm wearing a color I would describe as "color-crayon purple" and the colors don't clash). And it's lasting! I have very thin nails so nail polish seems to chip very easily, and my nails are longer right now so I'm super impressed at how well it's holding up. You can't really tell by the pictures below but it is kind of wearing away at the tips of my nails, but most other polish would be destroyed after 3 days!
First pic is right after I put it on, Saturday, before I got ready for the day. Second pic is Monday morning - after 3 showers, putting up 4 bulletin boards in my apartment, and just general life. It looks much duller in the picture, but it's still pretty shiny!

Of course, it's been used now. I love that the black part is plastic, not wood like other eyeliners. Yes, you can actually sharpen this. It's fun too. Not as messy as with the wood.
Mally Beauty Evercolor Starlight Waterproof Eyeliner: I'm sad that this is silver, and not a "regular" eyeliner color because I love the softness of it. It glides on smooth and has the plastic-y part around it to sharpen like my eyeshadow pencil from last month. I've started using it on my bottom waterline to make my eyes look a bit more awake (and it's "waterproof" so it should last all day... I haven't been paying attention). I may decide to buy a black or dark blue Mally eyeliner though.


City Color Be Matte Blush: The color is pretty intense, so I have to be careful how much I put on, but it looks pretty good. I like that it's a full size, but I'll never use all of it. The downside is that it seems a little cheap, because when I put my brush over it, a lot of product seems to get pulled up and left sitting on top for me to dump into the sink. And it seems to last all day, like most people claim. (I'm really bad about paying attention to whether or not my makeup is fading. I work with 10 people 55+ hours a week... I don't care that much if it starts wearing off)


J. Cat Beauty Eyelashes + Eyelash Glue: I don't know when I will ever use these. I've only tried to put on fake eyelashes once and it didn't go well. I also have very long lashes on my own so I've never needed fake ones. A lot of people complained about constantly getting fake lashes on Ipsy's Facebook page, and I was almost one of them, but decided to put these with the rest of my stage makeup for if I ever go to a costume party again like in college.


 The bag itself is a pretty pink with an animal print on the inside. I might use it as a purse organizer or just a travel makeup bag. Much better than last month's. It's been 1 for 2 for me with Ipsy. Wasn't as impressed with the first month, but really enjoyed this month. I could actually make a full look out of these products! I'll give it one more month (I initially told myself I'd give it 3 months anyway...)

No comments:

Post a Comment