Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My 2-Day Apple Detox

I have decided to try a detox - an apple detox. I found many posts online about this. Basically, all you eat for 2 days are apples. Anytime you're hungry, eat an apple. This is supposed to "reset" your body. I figure, what have I got to lose? It's only 2 days.

The posts I've seen say to eat the whole apple - skin, seeds and core. Really? My thought is: ew. Sooo... I won't be doing that. Just the skin and middle part that people usually eat. I also read a post that said you can mash them up into applesauce or apple juice.

They also say you should prepare for your detox. One post said start about 5 days before, cutting out caffeine, carbs, carbonation, etc (all the bad "c-words" I guess). I haven't had any caffeine since Saturday, or carbonation... just water and a Sobe drink (with coconut water). I forgot about the cutting out carbs thing and had some creamy pasta dish and bread last night, whoops. Oh well. Even today I had a burger, which had a bun, which is bread, which is a carb. *shrug* But the night before, you're supposed to eat a salad for supper, with a light oil dressing, and that's it. Kind of give your body a head-start.

So I had to go buy some things... Today I went to the grocery store after work and probably bought more than I need, but I don't know how hungry I'll get and how much I'll want to "snack" in between my "meals". I decided to get 3 Fuji, 3 Gala, and 5 Granny Smith (because those are my favorites). I also found a bag of 4 Grapples! (This is a big deal. I first tried a Grapple 2 years ago and loved it and haven't been able to find them since. I actually told my mom I really wished I could find them for my detox and there they were!) I also bought a bag of lettuce, some Italian dressing, a bag of croutons, and a bottle of bacon bits for my salad.

I've decided to do my detox over Friday and Saturday. Other people have recommended doing over a weekend but I figured I'd do it one day I work and one day I'm doing nothing. I work 9am-5pm on Friday and I'll just eat my apples for my breaks at work and it should go by fast. I think I'm gonna go to "Clue: The Musical" Friday night so that will take my mind off it even more. Then on Saturday, I have no plans so I'll probably just lay on the couch, watch "Big Bang Theory" and snack on my apples.

I'll update this blog as I go along...

No comments:

Post a Comment