Saturday, March 10, 2012

Apple Detox Update

Original Post: 3/10/12

On Thursday night, I ate a large salad and some carrots to prepare for my detox. The salad included croutons, bacon bits and Italian dressing. Later in the night I was hungry again so I decided to eat a cup of applesauce (unsweetened).

Friday morning I started my detox. I went to work at 9am and it was really busy. I've also been working in a new area this week that I'm still trying to get used to (thus, I've been a little stressed and Friday was no exception.) I went on my first break at about 11:15am and ate a Gala apple. It was really good. It was a good thing to have in the morning and I'll probably do it more often. I went on my lunch around 1:20pm and ate a Granny Smith apple. I ate it slowly but I noticed that I wasn't drinking as much water. The apples have so much natural wetness that I just wasn't thirsty. For my third break, around 3:30, I decided to just have a cup of applesauce. I did decide to bring a book with me so I wasn't completely bored on my breaks.

After work I went home and chopped up a Fuji apple to eat. I checked my email and my Facebook, where I found out that the Fargo Film Festival's 2-Minute Film Festival was that night at 9:30pm. I decided to take a nap until 8:45pm then get ready to go.

Throughout the day I noticed I was really tired, which could be for any number of reasons. But by the time 8:45pm came, I really didn't want to get up. I was tired, hungry and I started to get a little moody. Well, maybe not moody, but more like really apathetic. I really wanted to go through with this detox but I really didn't want to eat anymore apples. I just didn't feel well.

So today I woke up, laid in bed and watched some tv. When I finally wanted to get up, I decided to snack on some mini-wheats. I figured my one-day detox was good enough. I read a couple more articles about the apple detox and some say that one day now and then is good for you too. Also, that I should congratulate myself for my accomplishment, and I can also try again later.


*edit 1/15/14* Almost 2 years later, I forgot that I did this and remembered how I felt after rereading. I do not want to do it again. But that's just me. I snack a lot. I don't really care about eating healthy, just eating whatever looks good. If I really wanted to do another detox or "cleanse", there are plenty of other options out here in LA.

No comments:

Post a Comment