Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Ipsy Glam Bag September 2014

Each month, subscribers will receive a beautiful Glam Bag with deluxe samples and full-sized beauty products. Members can watch and play along with the stylists with the same products that they are using. All for only $10 a month. 

When you sign up, you take a "beauty quiz" to let them know what you like. I guess Ipsy is kind of a social network-type beauty website, but I don't do all of that. There's also some sort of points system that I haven't quite figured out. You get 10 points for each review, but you usually need 1000 points to get some kind of bonus product, of which they only have 3 to choose from at a time. There are points for referrals too, but I don't badger my friends into signing up. If you would like to sign up, please consider using my referral link: http://www.ipsy.com/r/4q7r

This month's theme: Street Style


I love the bag this month. I've already used it as a clutch when going out to a stand-up show at a bar. It's more square like the April? bag... the blue/purple one with the record on it.

Hikari Lipstick in Cabernet: I have to admit that I haven't worn this yet. I just don't have a lot of opportunities to wear a red color like this. It seems slightly sheer, which is actually a plus for me and I guess the swatch went on smooth. I like that it's more of a purply-red. I'll report back after I wear it some day/night.

Crown Brush Infinity Shadow/Crease Duel Brush: This is a really soft brush, though I don't really do any sort of separate crease eyeshadow. It will be great to have when I start experimenting with stuff like that though!

Pacifica Natural Water-Proof Eye Pencil in Gun Metal: The shade is a dark steel silver color, which is nice if you don't want a bold eye. It's a nice sized pencil too, not full size but good enough for a color I won't wear everyday. I wish it was a little bit smoother, but it's not too bad. I haven't tested the "water-proof"-ness of this eyeliner but it's nice to know that it's supposed to be.

NYX Hot Singles Eye Shadow: I will have to look again at the color name... but of all the colors they sent out this month, this would be one of my last choices. I couldn't swatch it on my arm because you couldn't see it! You can kind of see it on my finger because my hands are more pink. I haven't tried this on my eyes yet because I just don't want to waste the time with something that probably won't show up. I know it's supposed to be a nice blending color or whatever, but I just don't spend that kind of time on my eyes. I use one color - maaayyybe two - but I guess it's nice to have in the collection.

Alterna Haircare Caviar CC Cream 10-in-1 Complete Correction: I took a close up picture of all the 10 things this CC Cream is supposed to do. I've tried it a couple times and I have something else that I like to use a lot more. It doesn't seem to have the same effect as a hair oil or leave in conditioner but I may use it more for the UV Protection if I dye my hair again. *shrug* It's ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment