Sunday, June 29, 2014

MAC Paint Pots

I read some amazing things about MAC's Paint Pots. Initially, what caught my attention was that the colors Soft Ochre and Painterly could be used as an undereye concealer. The person who posted it said it was great because they didn't crease. So, I ran out and got both colors.




After some research, Paint Pots are just a creaseless cream eyeshadow, and the two colors I bought are used more as eye primers. The sales associate told me the Soft Ochre works best under warmer colors, such as golds or greens because of it's yellow undertone. Painterly works best under cooler colors such as purples and blues because of it's pinker undertone. Both colors look very natural on my skin.

I can't say much about the priming power though. I still feel like it creases and doesn't seem to make my shadow colors any bolder. I have noticed that setting the Paint Pots with a powder first, then applying eyeshadow seems to work better as far as creasing goes.

It also did not work as an undereye concealer. They are WAY too thick to use under eyes. Lots of pulling and hard to blend on thin skin. When I finally got it blended out, it creased right away because of the thickness.

The nice thing is that they will last FOREVER. Especially because I don't use them very much. They are $20 a piece, but you get a lot and doesn't take very much for each use. Right now I'm trying to decide what color I want to buy next, and use as an actual eyeshadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment